Monday, September 21, 2009

Thing #1- Reflections on Lifelong Learning

  • Which habit(s) may be most challenging for you to employ as part of your Learning 2.0 experience? It will be most challenging for me to PLAY!!! Many times I get caught up in the task at hand and become a work-aholic. Although, it is important to work hard, I want to make sure that in this part of my learning I have fun with all the activities and allow the new ideas and skills to be enjoyable.
  • Which habit(s) will be easiest, or are most resonant for you as a lifelong learner? It is easiest for me to accept responsibility of my own learning and have confidence in myself as a lifelong learner. I enjoy learning new skills and ideas and I always try to have one or two books that I go back and forth reading so I can make sure that I stay up to date on the latest research, etc.
  • Which habit do you think will be most important for you as you work through this course, and why? It is very important to have a goal in mind...I need to understand what I am working towards and how I can pace myself to reach that goal!
I am really looking forward to this learning experience :P

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on the importance of having a goal in mind. I have been trying to make that a focus this year. I teach 5th grade science and one way I do this is to look at Kilgo data and see how the SE is tested. By knowing the way it is tested it helps me identify the way I need to present it to my students. It seems to be working! As far as technology- I can definitely see why this is important. Sometimes when I take my kids to the lab to do things- I find them totally off track. They often tell me it is because they don't know what they are supposed to be doing! HA! I think if I had given them a clearer "goal" maybe they would not have gotten off track.
    http://mrscarterscorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete