Thursday, October 22, 2009

thing #8- Wiki Wiki Likey Likey

Code Blue and Go West were a few of the Wikis that I visited. I noticed that the Graphics and Organization was more basic, although the information and links was easy to navigate through. It was likely that the basic organization of those wikis helped the students who would be visiting their pages since they are of younger age. My only complaint with Wikis is that they are not as appealing to the "eye". They provide numerous benefits for student/teacher interactions in the classroom. I found it interesting and even became jealous when the teacher blogged about her first experience and success with wikis. Our students are way more capable than we give them credit for to come in and create amazing projects and discussions based on Web 2.0 products. The information they can share and use as resources is of great benefit and I look forward to making this a project in my own own classes. If only I could be so lucky as to find a domain like "study hall"..........

;-)

2 comments:

  1. Study hall? Are you even old enough to remember study hall? :) Seriously, I am old enough, and it was a benefit to me (most of the time. Maybe it's because I am getting older that I think that some of the "old ideas" are still valid. Maybe this is one of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha No....I never had to experience Study Hall

    ReplyDelete