Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing # 21- Google's wonders

When I looked at the other options Google has I didn't realize that I had been using some of them already, professionally and personally. I use Google books a lot when I am researching for a class or looking up information for particular lessons. It has be extremely useful for my research classes because I don't have to go buy the book but I can still view and see the full text of information in case I want to cite later. I think Google Books is definitely a useful tool in and out of the classroom!

I also use Google Earth. It is usually more just for fun, so I can look at where certain locations are, or if I am trying to find directions somewhere. The kids really seem to enjoy using Google Earth as well!

I'm familiar with Google Alerts, but it is not something I have used very often. I could see how this would be useful, in the classroom, when studying a particular topic or current event. The kids could be able to read about up to date information and research without going out and searching for it on their own!

I also thought it was fun to see that Google has a Sketch up program. I used AutoCad in college for my Interior Design Degree. Some of the computer programs can be very expensive, so it is nice to see that there are other means to still computer draft architectural sketches, without paying the expensive prices for the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment